Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fun Fall Pictures

This is a great decoration for fall and simple for all ages (after seeing the kids' pictures framed, I want to do one myself now).

I started with a piece of scrapbook paper.  I used paper that was textured so that it would look a little nicer than plain paper (but any paper will work).  Next, I took brown paint, mixed in some metallic brown for fun, and painted a tree on the paper.  Then once dry, I gave each kid a painted tree and some buttons and had them glue the buttons on using clear-drying glue and a paint brush.  They had glue all over the buttons and paper, so its important to use a clear-drying glue, like Elmer's.  Since we were doing fall pictures, I grabbed bags of buttons that were assorted fall colors.  But, you could also do a nice spring picture by using assorted green buttons and maybe even a red here and there for an apple or a pink for blooms.

Simple.  Beautiful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment