Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Anyone wanna be friends with a mommy of a 2 year old??

My two little lovely children and I took a trip today with a friend of ours and her baby.  We rode with them to the ribbon outlet in Hagerstown; its about an hour trip each way.  Well, her child was not feeling well and was trying to sleep on the way home.  Russ decided that she didn't need a nap and decided to keep her awake.  Every time she fell asleep he would yell at her or grab her hand or sing as loud as possible.  He worked very hard to keep her awake the ENTIRE way home.  The poor girl cried almost the whole way home and Russ was so proud of himself for this.

I felt so bad for the little girl!  I felt so embarassed for me.  I tried telling him to stop, I bribed him, I threatened him.  Two year old are very strong willed.  Or maybe they are just hard-headed.  If there is a way to control a two year old in the car, I haven't figured it out yet.  Maybe I'll just need to only be friends with other people with two year olds so they understand that the two year old is really the boss!!

I have a feeling that I won't be invited on too many more trips with them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment