Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cute Little Hairbow Holder

After making all the hairbows for my daughter during the blizzard, I decided I better find somewhere to keep them.  I wanted to keep them so that I could easily tell what bows she had,  but I also wanted it to be cute.  I decided to make this cute little face; its just like one I had as a kid.

So, I took a piece of cardboard, traced a bowl to make a circle, and cut it out.  I covered the circle with stuffing (because I was out of batting).  I then took an old pillowcase and covered the circle, flipped it over, and hot-glued it to the cardboard.  I glued a piece of ribbon on the back to hang it from.

To make the hair, I took yarn and made 3 sections with 10 pieces each.  I tied them at the end and then braided them together (to keep it tight, I actually tied it to the cabinet while braiding).  I then glued the braid around the face and added some bangs.

To make the face, I cut eyes and a mouth out of felt and glued them on. 
 
There ya have it, a cute little face with cute little braids to hang all your hairbows on!

2 comments:

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

Thanks for the inspiration! I found you via google and attempted a hairbow holder myself.

http://littlepageturners.blogspot.com/2010/07/rapunzel-rapunzel-whered-all-my-bows-go.html

greenbean said...

this is too freaking funny!...i love it!...and i gotta try one!...omg!...you're in harpers ferry?...i'm in inwood!...that's crazy!....

Post a Comment